Arnot St. Mary CE Primary is a place of discovery, where learning is an adventure and children are inspired to become lifelong learners. This statement sets out the principles underpinning the curriculum and reflects the school’s commitment to developing all aspects of our children’s learning.
Our curriculum has been developed to enable children to become:
- Inspired learners who have enquiring minds and want to find out more
- Independent thinkers who can think critically and solve problems
- Collaborative learners who work together and value the contribution of others
- Resilient individuals who don’t give up easily
- Responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to our community and the wider world
This is the philosophy of how we want to work and learn and these aims underpin all of the learning that takes place in our school.
As a whole school, we provide a creative curriculum based around the "Cornerstones” approach.